Austra Whites are a cross between a Black Australorp rooster and a White Leghorn hens . They were first developed in the early 1900’s. This cross produces offspring that are very good layers throughout the year and lay a large off white/cream color egg. The Austra White pullet will be white with little black specks in some feathers. This cross is considered to be a heavier breed and their disposition is calmer than the pure Leghorn chicken breed. There are many benefits raising baby chickens from this cross. These hens will lay a lot of large eggs; have good feed to egg production ratios and good for chickens for backyards. Raising chickens for eggs at home can be fun and relaxing. Free range chicken eggs are great tasting eggs and this hybrid chicken breed has good reflexes for predator avoidance, however, they are white and easily seen.
Approx. 220-280 Lg Cream/White Eggs/Yr | Mature WT: Male 6 1/2#, Female 5#
- Poultry Show Class: Other Breed Class
- Weights: Hen—–5 lbs Rooster——6 1/2 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Primary production, Egg Laying & Pet/Secondary meat source
- Color of Egg Shell: Cream
- Egg Production: 220-280 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 80-85%
- Fertility Percentage: 65-80%
- Broody: Non Setter
- Mating Ratio: 12 Females to 1 Males
- Roost Height: 4 to 8 feet
- Country of Origin: Hybrid
- APA: No
- ALBC: No
Available February – July
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
Minimums – Not Sexed = 3
Female = 3
Male = 1
Total of 3 birds to ship
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is a small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.