Barred Cochin chickens are a massive Asiatic breed covered with an extraordinary abundance of soft, fluffy, feathers with light and dark colors alternating in parallel lines along each feather, making for a beautifully striped bird from tip to toe. Cochins were introduced from China in the mid-1800s as Shanghais, and they created a sensation wherever shown. Today this breed is still a beautiful show bird and highly prized for exhibition.
- Poultry Show Class: Asiatic Class
- Weights: Hen—–8 1/2 lbs Rooster——11 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Ornamental and meat; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: Cream/Brown
- Egg Production: 110-160 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Medium-Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 6 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 0 to 2 feet
- Country of Origin – Asia
Available Mid February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Minimum 15 Total chicks)
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Min. 3 Chicks)
FREE Shipping on 15+ Total Poultry
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is an additional small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.