The Bielefelder chicken is a German rare breed of domestic chickens making a huge splash in the poultry world. It has gained the term the “Uber Chicken” due to it’s many desirable characteristics such as being a dual purpose bird and a auto-sexing breed. Male and female chicks look different directly after hatching which makes sexing the birds extremely easy. A very prolific layer of large to extra large eggs. They have a very docile disposition and are easy to raise — the hardest thing about raising Bielefelders is being able to pronounce their name. These robust birds have large, round bodies that put Orpingtons to shame. Males have barred feathers and are easily 10 pounds, and hens aren’t much smaller. These are great birds for both meat and eggs.
Approx 230 Lg Brown Eggs/Year | Mature WT: Male 8.5#, Female 6.5#
- Poultry Show Class: All Other Breeds
- Weights: Hen—–6 1/2 lbs Rooster——8 1/2 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Primary production, Egg Laying & Pet/Secondary meat source
- Color of Egg Shell: Brown
- Egg Production: 230 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 85-90%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 12 Females to 1 Males
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: Germany
- APA: No
- ALBC: Recovering Status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed
Available February – July
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
Minimums – Not Sexed = 3
Female = 3
Male = 1
Total of 3 birds to ship
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.