Large fowl Black Ameraucanas are the most popular APA recognized variety and generally the most winning variety at poultry shows. They have what the judges are looking for and also what many poultry enthusiasts want in a backyard chicken. The black Ameraucanas we offer are bred to produce the bluest egg shells possible…the natural light pastel blue color. These are in limited supply. You will love these baby chicks and can watch them grow up to lay beautiful blue eggs for your table.
Newbie Note: There are some white feathers in their 1st and 2nd stage feathering which is normal but by the 6th month they are solid black feathers.
Sexing is only about 70%-85% accurate. We suggest buying Not Sexed.
Approx. 180-200 Blue Eggs/Yr | Mature Wt: Male 6.5# Female 5.5#
- Poultry Show Class: All Other Standard Breeds Class
- Weights – Hen ——-5 1/2 lbs Rooster—-6 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying, colorful natural eggs and ornamental; Production
- Color of Egg Shell – Green or Blue
- Egg Production – 180-200 eggs per yea
- Egg Size: Medium-Large
- Temperament: Active/Flighty
- Gender Accuracy: 75-80%
- Fertility Percentage: 65-80%
- Broody: Non Setter
- Mating Ratio: 12 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 4+ feet
- Country of Origin -United States
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the American Standard of Perfection in 1984.
- ALBC: Not Listed
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Minimun 3 per Sex)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is an additional small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.