Black Ameraucana Chickens are the most popular variety of this breed. The Ameraucana breed is a healthy, cold hearty, attractive chicken. These are true pure-bred Ameraucanas and will breed true. These are NOT Easter Eggers. There is a lot of mislabeling when it comes to chickens that lay blue and green eggs. The Black Ameraucana is bred to produce the bluest colored eggs possible, however, some may produce light green colored eggs. Our Black Ameraucana breeding stock originated from John W Blehm, from right here in lower Michigan. These chickens are very rare and are in limited supply here in the United States. Black Ameraucanas have slate colored legs, the distinguishing facial features of fuzzy beards, poofy cheeks, and a pea comb. You will love these baby chicks and can watch them grow up to lay beautiful shades of blue eggs.
Approx. 180-200 Blue Eggs/Yr | Mature Wt: Male 6.5# Female 5.5#
- Poultry Show Class: All Other Standard Breeds Class
- Weights – Hen: 5 1/2 lbs Rooster: 6 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Laying blue eggs, pet
- Color of Egg Shell – Blue, some Greenish
- Egg Production – 180-200 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Medium-Large
- Temperament: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 75-80%
- Broody: Non Setter
- Country of Origin -United States
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the American Standard of Perfection in 1984.
Please note that our online availability is only updated once a week. We allow you to select a desired hatch week but those dates are NOT guaranteed. Actual ship dates may vary depending on the breeds and quantities selected.