Black Laced Red Wyandotte Chickens are dual purpose birds – developed in early America for both meat and eggs. They will on occasion go broody and they make excellent mothers. They work well in confinement or free range and are a great back yard chicken. The Black Laced Red Wyandotte Chicken has dark red-brown or mahogany feathers that are laced around the edges with black. When compared to Golden Laced Wyandottes or Blue Laced Black Wyandottes they are much much darker. They have yellow feet and legs. Tails are black with a green sheen. Pinkish rose colored combs and wattles are smaller and kept close to the body for cold hardiness.
Approx 200-260 Lg. Brown Eggs/Yr | Mature WT: Male 8.5#, Female 6.5#
- Poultry Show Class: American
- Weights: Hen ——-6 1/2 lbs Rooster—-8 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying & Pet/Meat source
- Color of Egg Shell: Brown
- Egg Production: 200-260 eggs per year.
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Fertility Percentage: 85-90%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 7 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: United States
- APA: No
- ALBC: N/A
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
Minimums – Not Sexed = 3
Female = 3
Male = 1
Total of 3 birds to ship
Limit 25 Chicks
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.