The Black Silkie Bantam is a gorgeous variety of the Silkie Bantam breed, miniature chickens that originated in China and Japan. Regardless, they have been recognized by the American Poultry Standard of Perfection, and they are a great choice for anyone in need of a show bird, pet. They are very broody, and they handle confinement extremely well. Black Silkie bantam chicks are black with white wing tips and some white on the neck. Their skin, beak, legs and toes are black. Some have beards and muffs while others do not. They have walnut combs, a small crest, five toes on each foot and feathers on their legs and feet. Adults have black plumage and noticeable blue ear lobes. Place your order for Black Silkie Bantam chicks today.
Our bantams are purebred and represent the breed and variety; however, we do not guarantee or represent that they are of show quality.
- Poultry Show Class: Feather Legged Bantams (All Colors)
- Weights – Hen ——-32 oz Rooster—-36 oz
- Purpose and Type: Ornamental; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: Cream or Tinted Bantam Sized Egg
- Egg Production: Good
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Docile
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 6 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 0 to 2 feet
- Country of Origin – Asia
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 3 per Color)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is an additional small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.