The Black Spanish Turkey is considered a rare breed of turkey, a heritage turkey and admitted into the American Standard of Perfection in 1874. This breed can be traced back to when explorers in the 1500’s carried this Mexican turkey to Europe and then later carried it back to the Americas. These Turkeys are also referred to as just Black or Norfolk Black. They are also one of the naturally reproducing breeds of turkeys. Black Spanish are known for their meat production. They also have rapid growth rates and mature early, laying around 9 months of age.
- Weights: Hen—–14 lbs Tom—-23 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying and Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Eggs: Off White with brown specks
- Egg Production: Poor
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperment: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 7 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2+ feet
- Country of Origin: North America
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
Available April – July
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 2 Turkeys)
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.