Black Swedish Ducks are among the oldest domesticated ducks which originated in the region of Pommern, which at the time was Sweden but is now the northern border of Germany and Poland. With a large size (up to eight pounds), hardiness adapted to cold climates and a stunning Black appearance with a white bib, the Black Swedish Duck is easy to raise, care for and keep. The Black Swedish Duck’s unique plumage allows it to blend in and makes it difficult for predators to target. There is some variation in the color so you may receive different Shades of Black. This breed is also good-natured and calm, making them great family pets and especially popular among young children.
- Weights: Hen—-7 lbs Drake—-8 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying and Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Eggs: Mostly White with occasional gray
- Egg Production: Excellent
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 7 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: Floor
- Country of Origin: Sweden
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Watch Status, Considered a Sustainable Heritage Duck Breed
Available February – June
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 3 Ducklings)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is a small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.