The Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantam variety was admitted into the American Poultry Standard of Perfection in 1983, and it has several distinct features. From the arched tail feathers to the short legs, this unique bird is visually stunning and general well behaved. The Black Tail White Japanese originated in Japan in the 1700’s and was originally bred to only be a bantam. This breed has high tail feathers and is shorter than the average Bantam.
- Poultry Show Class: Single Comb Clean Legged Bantams
- Weights – Hen ——-22 oz Rooster—-26 oz
- Purpose and Type: Ornamental; Exhibition & Production
- Color of Egg Shell: Cream or Tinted bantam sized eggs
- Egg Production: Fair
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Active
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Variable
- Mating Ratio: 6 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin – Japan
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
Available All Year
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Minimum 15 Total Chicks)
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Min. 5 Chicks)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
FREE Shipping on 25+ Total Poultry
Additional small order fee ($15.00) for orders of 15-24 poultry.