The Black Wyandotte Bantam is a mini version of the standard wyandotte breed. Black Wyandotte Bantams were first bred in England. Chicks are mostly black with white on the breast and wing tips, have rose combs and clean, yellow legs and feet. Like the standard size chickens, they are strong and productive. They have a beautiful solid and round fluffy look to them. Their rose combs allow them to be winter hardy. Black Wyandotte bantams are quite economical, laying plenty of eggs while eating less feed and taking up less space. Wyandotte bantams are not broody often, but when they are, they make good setters and mothers. Our bantams are purebred and represent the breed and variety; however, we do not guarantee or represent that they are of show quality.
- Poultry Show Class: Rose Comb Clean Legged
- Weights – Hen: 36 oz Rooster: 40 oz
- Purpose – Dual Purpose: Eggs & Meat
- Color of Egg Shell: – Brown
- Egg Production – Good 150+ eggs/year
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Docile
- Broody: Setters
- Country of Origin – England
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
Please note that our online availability is only updated once a week. We allow you to select a desired hatch week but those dates are NOT guaranteed. Actual ship dates may vary depending on the breeds and quantities selected.