The Blue Slate Turkey is a rare breed of turkey of the heritage turkey and admitted into the American Standard of Perfection in 1874. Past breeding is thought to be derived from the Spanish Black turkey of USA and the Norfolk Black in England. The Blue Slate turkey makes an excellent forager and backyard/farm turkey. They are capable of reproducing naturally and do go broody.
Average market weight: Toms 23 lbs, Hens 14 lbs. Old Toms 33 lb Old Hens 18 lbs.
- Weights: Hen—–14# Tom—-23#
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying and Meat; Exhibition
- Egg Production: Poor
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Color of Egg: Off White wit Brown Specks
- Temperment: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 7 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2+ feet
- Country of Origin: North America
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Watch Status, considered a Sustainable Heritage Turkey Breed.
Available March – July
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 2 Turkeys)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.