Blue Swedish Ducks are considered one of the oldest, domesticated, heritage breed of ducks. Swedish Ducks make for a great utility breed since they can provide both meat and eggs. Their eggs are white with an occasional blue or gray tint. When hatched, Blue Swedish ducklings have black beaks and feet with yellow and white breasts. Mature ducks are blue with white bibs that run from under their bills, halfway down on their breasts. There are some variations in the color so you may receive different Shades of Blue or splash. Breeding blue to blue does not produce all blue offspring, they produce roughly 1/3 blues, 1/3 dark blues/black and 1/3 splash. The Blue Swedish Duck’s unique plumage allows it to blend in and makes it difficult for predators to target. Ducks weigh 6-8 lbs. at 12 to 15 weeks. They are friendly, cold hardy, good foragers and make great show birds.
Weight: Female- 6 lbs. Male- 8 lbs.
- Weights: Hen: 6 lbs Drake: 8 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying and Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Eggs: Mostly White with occasional gray
- Egg Production: Excellent
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Broody: Setters
- Country of Origin: Sweden
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Watch Status, Considered a Sustainable Heritage Duck Breed
Please note that our online availability is only updated once a week. We allow you to select a desired hatch week but those dates are NOT guaranteed. Actual ship dates may vary depending on the breeds and quantities selected.