Blue Swedish Ducks are among the oldest domesticated ducks which originated in the region of Pommern, which at the time was Sweden but is now the northern border of Germany and Poland. With a large size (up to eight pounds), hardiness adapted to cold climates and an interesting blueish-gray appearance with a white bib, the Blue Swedish Duck is easy to raise, care for and keep. The Blue Swedish Duck’s unique plumage allows it to blend in and makes it difficult for predators to target. There is some variation in the color so you may receive different Shades of Blue or Splash. This breed is also good-natured and calm, making them great family pets and especially popular among young children.
Note: Breeding blues to blue do not produce all blue offspring, they produce roughly 34% blues, 33% dark blues/black and 33% splash.
- Weights: Hen—-7 lbs Drake—-8 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying and Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Eggs: Mostly White with occasional gray
- Egg Production: Excellent
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 7 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: Floor
- Country of Origin: Sweden
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Watch Status, Considered a Sustainable Heritage Duck Breed
Available February – September
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch.
(Minimum Order 3 Total Duckling)
DUCK SHIPPING COSTS
Live Arrival Guaranteed!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!