Brown Leghorn Chickens are an excellent layer of white eggs. They are active and flighty, but they also are very pretty and would be great to show. The male is very handsome with orange hackle and saddle and black stripes in center of each feather. The female is a medium brown with delicate penciling; wings are a darker brown and breast is salmon colored. Brown Leghorn chicks are brown with two light brown streaks down the back. They have single combs and clean, yellow legs and feet. Leghorns rarely exhibit broodiness and are thus well suited for uninterrupted egg laying. They have a good feed-to-egg conversion ratio. The Brown Leghorn is a great choice if you’d like white egg layers and a colorful flock!
Approx. 260-300 Lg Brown Eggs/Yr | Mature WT: Males 6# & Females 4 1/2#
- Poultry Show Class: Mediterranean Class
- Weights: Hen: 4 1/2 lbs Rooster: 6 lb
- Purpose and Type: Egg Production
- Color of Egg Shell: White
- Egg Production: 260-300 eggs/year
- Egg Size: Medium-Large
- Temperament: Very Active
- Gender Accuracy: 80-85%
- Broody: Non Setter
- Country of Origin: Italy
- APA: Yes, Recognized by American Standard of Perfection in 1874.
- ALBC: Recovery chicken breed status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed
Please note that our online availability is only updated once a week. We allow you to select a desired hatch week but those dates are NOT guaranteed. Actual ship dates may vary depending on the breeds and quantities selected.