Buff Brahma Chickens are very big, extremely winter hardy and strong. They have fluffy feathering with lots of down. These have the same large size and quiet temperament of the other Brahmas. They were developed much later, however, and are still very rare. The color pattern is the same as the Light Brahma except that the white sections are replaced by golden buff. The black markings are identical on both varieties. Feathers cover their feet and shanks, keeping them warm in winter. Their docile, gentle, and quiet temperament makes them one of the best breeds around children. They sometimes go broody, and are attentive mothers. They are not the best choice of breed for very hot areas though. You may also be interested in our miniature version of this breed, Buff Brahma Bantam.
Approx. 180+ Brown Eggs/year | Mature Wt: Male 12# Female 9.5#
- Poultry Show Class: Asiatic Class
- Weights: Hen—–9 1/2 lbs Rooster——12 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Primary production, Egg Laying, Broody Mothers & Pet/Secondary meat source; Exhibition
- Color Egg Shell: Brown
- Egg Production: 180+ eggs per year
- Egg Size: Medium-Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 85-90%
- Fertility Percentage: 65-80%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 6 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: Asia
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the American Standard of Perfection in 1924.
- ALBC: Watch Status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
Minimums – Not Sexed = 3
Female = 3
Male = 1
Total of 3 birds to ship
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.