Buff Orpington Bantams are a miniature size of the Buff Orpington Standard chicken. They were admitted to the American Poultry Standard of Perfection in 1960, this poultry variety of the Orpington chicken breed makes for a good backyard chicken and egg production. They have a very docile temperament, withstand cold weather well and are adaptable to either confinement or free range. Though when around other breeds of chickens they will be bullied, they are not aggressive.
The chicks are light buff or straw colored. The color is even throughout the body except that some of the heads are a darker buff color. They have single combs and clean, white legs and feet.
- Poultry Show Class: Single Comb Clean Legged Bantams
- Weights: Hen ——-36 oz Rooster—-40 oz
- Purpose and Type: Ornamental; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: Brown Bantam Sized Egg
- Egg Size: Small
- Egg Production: Good
- Temperament: Docile
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Setters
- Egg Production: Good 150+ eggs a year
- Mating Ratio: 7 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: England
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 3 Chicks)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is a small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.