The Columbian Rock chicken was recognized as a distinct breed and admitted to the American Standard of Perfection in 1910. The Columbian Rock chicken is a good dual purpose chicken and a member of the Plymouth Rock family. A great American poultry heritage breed that grandma and grandpa would have on the farm. They lay large brown eggs and this color variety of the Plymouth Rock chicken is hard to find and our blood line should show well at poultry shows. You may also be interested in our miniature version of this breed, Columbian Rock Bantam.
Approx. 200- 250 Lg Brown Eggs/Year | Mature WT: Male 9.5# & Female 7.5#
- Poultry Show Class: American Class
- Weights: Hen—–7 1/2 lbs Rooster——9 1/2 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Dual, egg laying and meat; Production and show
- Egg Shell Color: Brown
- Egg Production: 200 – 250 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: United States
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the American Standard of Perfection
Available March – June
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
Straight Run Only
Minimum 3 Chicks)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.