Columbian Wyandotte chickens aren’t all show with their elegantly patterned feathers, they make great egg layers too! Wyandottes are one of the most strikingly beautiful chickens to grace a backyard flock. Columbian Wyandottes are a docile bird, clean legs, white with black feather around the neck, tail and wings. They have a rose comb and occasionally will go broody and they make excellent mothers. They do well in confinement or free range areas. They were developed in New York, have a quiet temperament, and are one of the most winter hardy breeds.
Approx. 180-260 Med. Brown Eggs/Yr | Mature Wt: Male 8.5 lbs. Female 6.5 lbs
- Poultry Show Class: American
- Weights: Hen ——-6 1/2 lbs Rooster—-8 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Primary production, Egg Laying & Pet/Secondary meat source
- Color of Egg Shell: Brown
- Egg Production: 180-260 eggs per year.
- Egg Size: Medium
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 85-90%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: United States
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Recovering Status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed.
Available February – September
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
Minimums – Not Sexed = 3
Female = 3
Male = 1
Total of 3 birds to ship
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.