Columbian Wyandotte chickens are one of the most strikingly beautiful dual purpose breeds developed in New York. Columbian Wyandottes do well in confinement or free ranging and have a edocile personality making them ideal for beginners. Day-old Columbian Wyandotte Chickens are yellow with black backs and a patch of black on their heads. Adult Columbian Wyandottes exhibit a striking contrast in colors with thick white feathers with black lacing on their necks. Their tails feature more solid black, with some white lacing, while their wings are white with black lacing. Columbian Wyandottes also have rose combs and wattles. Females occasionally go broody and make excellent mothers. If you want an attractive dual purpose bird then you should consider ordering Columbian Wyandotte chicks.
Approx. 180-260 Med. Brown Eggs/Yr | Mature Wt: Male 8.5 lbs. Female 6.5 lbs
- Poultry Show Class: American
- Weights: Hen: 6 1/2 lbs Rooster: 8 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Production; Pet
- Color of Egg Shell: Brown
- Egg Production: 180-260 eggs/year.
- Egg Size: Medium
- Temperament: Docile
- Broody: Setter
- Country of Origin: United States
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Recovering Status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed.
Please note that our online availability is only updated once a week. We allow you to select a desired hatch week but those dates are NOT guaranteed. Actual ship dates may vary depending on the breeds and quantities selected.