- Lowest cost of live weight produced
- Superior performance on lower cost feed rations
- Most feed efficient
- Excellent growth rate
- Best broiler uniformity for processing
Cornish Game Hen are a Cornish Cross Broiler female that is butchered at three weeks of age when it reaches a weight of 2.5-3 lbs.
Available All Year!
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Minimum 25 per Sex)
(Minimum Order 25 Total Chicks)
CORNISH CROSS MEAT BIRD CARE
The CORNISH CROSS BROILER is a very unique and remarkable bird. We like to think of it as the BBB – Big Breasted Broiler – it has very broad breasts, large thighs, beautiful white plumage, and yellow skin. Its rapid growth is remarkable, along with great feed efficiency. You can actually see it grow before your eyes. There are special steps to follow when raising the Broilers. In order to avoid bad legs and Heart problems, we recommend the following steps…
- Restrict access to feed to 10 hours per day for the first 3 to 4 weeks.
- Be sure the chicks have adequate feeder space so most of the chicks can eat at the same time.
- Limit protein in the feed to 20-22%.
- Limit light to natural day length or 12 hours (whichever is longer).
- Keep chicks warm with good ventilation, but avoid drafts.
- Keep air quality high by keeping ammonia low.
- Do not use straw for litter – use pine shavings (Not Cedar) or ground corn cobs.
If you want the birds to be a consistent weight at butcher, purchase either all Females (hens) or all Males (roosters). If you want them to mature at different sizes, purchase the Straight Run. The Females also make excellent Cornish Game Hens if butchered at 2 to 2 ½ lbs. live weight.
Raise our CORNISH CROSS Broilers and we GUARANTEE you will be IMPRESSED at the results!
Cornish Hatch & Ship separate from everything else!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
**Cornish Must be Ordered in their own order**