Easter Egger chickens are one of our most popular breeds. Great for family-friendly flocks, these chickens are good layers of large colorful eggs that can range from olive green to turquoise blue and occasionally rose or brown. Like their eggs, these chicks will grow into adult birds that vary widely in feather colors. Easter Eggers are also extremely docile, and heat and cold hardy. Though they are favored for their eggs, they are a dual purpose breed and are large enough to be used for meat. Our Easter Eggers are a mix of bearded and non-bearded. You may also be interested in our miniature version of this breed, Easter Egger Bantam.
Our chicks have some Araucana and some Ameraucana breeding mixed and consequently are not for show but are beautiful chickens.
Approx 220-280 Lg Colored Eggs/Year | Mature WT: Male 6.5#, Female 5.5#
- Poultry Show Class: Miscellaneous Class
- Weights: Hen ——-5 1/2 lbs Rooster—-6 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Egg laying and ornamental; Production
- Color of Egg Shell: Green\Blue\Pink\Multi
- Egg Production: 220-280 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 80-85%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 10 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 4 to 6 feet
- Country of Origin: United States
- APA: No
- ALBC: Not Listed
Available February – September
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
Minimums – Not Sexed = 3
Female = 3
Male = 1
Total of 3 birds to ship
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
Additional small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.