Fawn & White Runner Ducks are considered domesticated, heritage layer ducks. Runner Ducks make for a great utility breed since they can provide both meat and eggs. They are excellent layers of large to extra large white or green tinted eggs. When hatched, ducklings have an upright stance, are yellow and white in color with orange colored beaks and feet. Mature ducks have long slender bodies with a vertical posture. Runner Ducks, commonly referred to as “Indian Runners”, are unlike other ducks as they do not waddle but run. Runner ducks are often used as an alternate to pesticides because they are very active and love to eat insects, slugs and other bugs. Runner Ducks weigh around 4 lbs. at 12 to 15 weeks. They are friendly, cold hardy, active foragers and make great show birds.
Weight: Female- 4 lbs. Male- 4 1/2 lbs.
- Weights: Hen: 4 lbs Drake: 4 1/2 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying and Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: White to Greenish
- Egg Production: Excellent 150-180 a year
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperament: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Broody: Setters
- Country of Origin: India and Malaysia
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Watch, Considered a Sustainable Heritage Duck Breed
Please note that our online availability is only updated once a week. We allow you to select a desired hatch week but those dates are NOT guaranteed. Actual ship dates may vary depending on the breeds and quantities selected.