The Gray Japanese Bantam is a high-quality variety and has gray and black feathering, along with the standard features of this breed like short legs and a large comb. These bantams carry their tails upward and higher than the head. The wings angle down and back along the sides. Good layers, nice for show, and very popular. Because of a genetic characteristic in Japanese bantams there is no such thing as a pure short legged Japanese. You may experience some chicks with medium to long legs. This breed has a long history in Japan, and the American Poultry Standard of Perfection recognized this specific variety in 1947. Whether you are looking for a new pet or a show chicken, the Gray Japanese Bantam is a great choice. Place your order for baby chicks today.
Approx. 60 Small Cream Eggs/Year | Mature WT: Male 26 oz, Female 22 oz
- Poultry Show Class: Single Comb Clean Legged (Other than Game) Bantams
- Weights – Hen ——-22 oz Rooster—-26 oz
- Purpose and Type: Ornamental; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: Cream or Tinted bantam sized eggs
- Egg Production: Fair
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Active
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Variable
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Mating Ratio: 6 Females to 1 Male
- Country of Origin – Japan
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 3 Chicks)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.