Narragansett Turkeys originate in Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island. It was there that this breed was standardized for production. These rare turkeys are medium sized and calm. Narragansett turkeys are black, gray, tan, and white with an appearance similar to that of the Bronze. They are well known for their calm temperament, egg production, meat quality, mothering abilities, and for maturing earlier than other heritage breeds.
The average market weight is 14 pounds for Females and the Males at 23 pounds.
- Weights: Hen—–14 lbs Tom—-23 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying and Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Eggs Off White with brown specks
- Egg Production: Poor
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperment: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 7 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2+ feet
- Country of Origin: North America
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Threatened Status, considered a Sustainable Heritage Turkey Breed.
Available April – July
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 2 Turkeys)
(LIMIT 10 Turkeys)
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.