Pearl Grey Guinea Keets are the most common type of guinea fowl and are good for meat production. Their feathers are dark slate gray and is uniformly spotted with bright white or pearly dots. The spots are ringed with black. They have dark skin and game-like, all dark meat that is very tasty. There are many benefits to keeping guineas. Their screeching call makes them good “watch dogs” and they keep snakes away, consume grasshoppers, ticks (including those which carry Lyme Disease) and other insects.
- Weights: Hens: 3lbs Cocks: 5 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying; Meat
- Color of Eggs: Dark and Spotted
- Egg Production: Good, between 60-100
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Active
- Broody: Setters
- Country of Origin: Western Africa
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
Please note that our online availability is only updated once a week. We allow you to select a desired hatch week but those dates are NOT guaranteed. Actual ship dates may vary depending on the breeds and quantities selected.