Production Red chickens are very similar to a Rhode Island Red chicken only lighter in color. The plumage color can vary from a red-dark red to a light red. They are a vigorous, hearty chicken that lays lots of large/x-large brown eggs. The Production Red chicken breed is a cross of a Rhode Island Red chicken over a New Hampshire Red chicken. This cross produces a very vigorous, healthy egg producing hen. Production Red chicks vary in shades of red with some having darker streaks down the back. They have single combs and clean legs and feet. This is not an exhibition show chicken but a great production laying hen and pet chicken for your backyard.
Approx. 240 – 280 Lg. Brown Eggs/Yr. | Male 9#, Female 7#
- Poultry Show Class: Other Breed Class
- Weights: Hen ——-7 lbs Rooster——9 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Primary production, Egg Laying & Pet/Secondary meat source
- Color of Egg Shell: Light Brown
- Egg Production: 240-280 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 80-85%
- Fertility Percentage: 65-80%
- Broody: Variable
- Mating Ratio: 10 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: United States, New England
- APA: No
- ALBC: No
Available February – September
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Minimum 3 Each Sex)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is a small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.