The Red Shoulder Yokohama is notable for the red feathering in the shoulder area, mixed in with the traditional white feathers. The birds have an upright carriage and pheasant-like body and the roosters are noted for their extremely long saddle feathers and tail feathers which is the primary emphasis for exhibitors of this chicken breed. Under the right conditions the tail can grow up to 2-3 feet every year. The Red Shouldered Yokohama was admitted into the American Standard of Perfection in 1981 and this variety will also compete very well at any poultry show.
- Poultry Show Class: All Other Standard Breed – Oriental
- Weights: Hen ——-3 1/2 lbs Rooster—-4 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Ornamental, Show; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: Cream or Tinted
- Egg Production: Fair
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Active
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Variable
- Mating Ratio: 8 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 4+ feet
- Country of Origin: Japan
- APA: Yes, Recognized by American Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Critical status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed.
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 3 Chicks)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is a small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.