Salmon Faverolle chickens are kept for their silliness and their steady egg production. These beauties are great docile birds and a great yard bird. The breed originated in France and became the premier meat and egg laying breed at the Paris market in the late 1800s. The salmon color is the most prominent in Europe and where they are available in the United States. Their characteristics include beard, muff, 5 toes and feathered shanks.
Approx. 200 Med. to Large Tinted Eggs/YR | Mature WT: Male 8#, Female 6 1/2#
- Poultry Show Class: Continental Class
- Weights: Hen ——-6 1/2# Rooster—-8#
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying; Pet; Meat Source; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: Light Brown; Tinted
- Egg Production: 180-240 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Medium-Large
- Temperament: Active but docile
- Gender Accuracy: 65-80%
- Fertility Percentage: 80-85%
- Broody: Variable
- Mating Ratio: 8 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: France
- APA: Yes, Recognized by American Standard of Perfection in 1914.
- ALBC: Threatened status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed.
Available February – October
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Minimum 15 Total Chicks)
(Minimum 3 Each Sex)
We hatch/ship February – September of each season.
In the checkout process, please indicate in the comment section your desired hatch/ship date with desired month or ASAP.
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
FREE Shipping on 15+ Total Poultry
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is an additional small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.