The Silver Duckwing Phoenix Standard size chicken was developed from the Onagadori Japanese breed. The Phoenix was developed in post World War II Germany. This chicken has long tails and silver shoulder hackles. The Phoenix was bred to have exceptionally long tails, but not to the extravagant length of the Onagadori. Their tail feathers stay blood filled which will cause them to continue to grow. The male Phoenix, depending on bloodline, can have tails that reach 4-5 feet. The hens are very broody and lay small tinted eggs. These Chickens are great for Exhibition or Fair.
- Poultry Show Class: All Other Standard Breed – Oriental
- Weights: Hen—–4 lbs Rooster——5 1/2 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying, Long Tail Feathers; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: Cream or Tinted
- Egg Production: Poor
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Active
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 6+ feet
- Country of Origin: Japan
- APA: No
- ALBC: Threatened Status
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 3 Chicks)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is a small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.