- Splash Ameraucanas are mostly white birds with random splashes of blue to black color in their feathers. They are very attractive and easily created by breeding two blue Ameraucanas together. Since blue doesn’t breed true, blue, black and splash chicks may hatch. Splash does breed true though, so splash bred to splash produces only splash chicks. Splash and black are co-dominate, so splash bred to black results in all blue chicks. We started offering blue egg laying splash Ameraucanas in 2019. Splash Ameraucanas are not a recognized standard variety by the APA. These are in limited supply. You will love these baby chicks and can watch them grow up to lay beautiful shades of blue eggs for your table.
Sexing is only about 70%-85% accurate. We suggest buying Not Sexed.
Approx. 180-200 Blue Eggs/Yr | Mature Wt: Male 6.5# Female 5.5#
- Poultry Show Class: Large Fowl (All Other Standard Breeds)
- Weights: Hen ——-5 1/2 lbs Rooster—-6 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Laying blue eggs, pets and show: Production
- Color of Egg Shell: Blue shell
- Egg Production: 180-200 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Medium-Large
- Temperament: Active/Flighty
- Gender Accuracy: 75-80%
- Fertility Percentage: 65-80%
- Broody: Non Setter
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 4+ feet
- Country of Origin: USA
- APA: No
- ALBC: Not Listed
Available February – June
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Limit 15 Chicks per order)
Minimums – Not Sexed = 3
Female = 3
Male = 1
Total of 3 birds to ship
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.