Splash Ameraucanas are mostly white birds with random splashes of blue to black color in their feathers. They are very attractive and easily created by breeding two blue Ameraucanas together. Since blue doesn’t breed true, blue, black and splash chicks may hatch. Splash does breed true though, so splash bred to splash produces only splash chicks. Splash and black are co-dominate, so splash bred to black results in all blue chicks. We started offering blue egg laying splash Ameraucanas in 2019. Splash Ameraucanas are not a recognized standard variety by the APA.
Sexing is only about 70%-85% accurate. We suggest buying Not Sexed.
These are in limited supply. You will love these baby chicks and can watch them grow up to lay beautiful blue eggs for your table.
- Poultry Show Class: Large Fowl (All Other Standard Breeds)
- Weights: Hen ——-5 1/2 lbs Rooster—-6 1/2 lb
Pullet——4 1/2 lbs Cockerel—5 1/2 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Laying blue eggs, pets and show: Production
- Color of Egg Shell: blue shell
- Egg Production: 180-200 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Medium-Large
- Temperament: Active/Flighty
- Gender Accuracy: 75-80%
- Fertility Percentage: 65-80%
- Broody: Non Setter
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 4+ feet
- Country of Origin: USA
- APA: No
- ALBC: Not Listed
Available March – June
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Minimum Order 15 Total Chicks)
(Min. 3 / Max. 5 Each Sex)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
FREE Shipping on 15+ Total Poultry
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is an additional small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.