The Splash Old English Game Bantam is an exemplary variety of this breed, and the reasons are clear. Not only is the bird visually stunning, but it is also very tame and easy to raise. These chickens in general don’t require much space, and they get along well with other chickens and people of all ages. All Old English Bantams have single combs, however males must be dubbed (comb and wattles removed) in order to show. This breed of Bantams is known for their docile nature, so don’t be surprised if you are able to tame them to sit on your shoulder or arm. They are very easy to handle and care for. Whether you want a great pet or an impressive show bird, the Splash Old English Bantam is right for you.
- Poultry Show Class: Game Bantams
- Weights – Hen ——-22 oz Rooster—-24 oz
- Purpose and Type – Ornamental; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell – Cream or Tinted Bantam Sized Egg
- Egg Production – Poor
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Active
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 3+ feet
- Country of Origin – Europe
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 3 Chicks)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
A small order fee ($25.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.