Welsh Harlequin Ducks are considered domesticated, heritage, light weight layer ducks. They are one of the most prolific layers of large to extra large white eggs They are becoming a very popular breed due to their multipurpose characteristics. Even though considered a light weight duck, they can make an outstanding meat duck. When hatched, ducklings can be sexed by the color of their bill. Mature ducks are beautiful, especially the feather patterns and colors on the adult females. We offer the Silver variety of the Welsh Harlequin Ducks. They are cold hardy, active foragers, broody and make good farm ducks.
Weight: Female- 4 lbs. Male- 5 1/2 lbs.
- Poultry Show Class: Light
- Weights: Hen—–4 lbs Drake—–4 1/2 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying; Exhibition
- Egg Color: White
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperament: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Broody: Setters
- Place of Origin: Wales
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Critical, Considered a Sustainable Heritage Duck Breed.
Please note that our online availability is only updated once a week. We allow you to select a desired hatch week but those dates are NOT guaranteed. Actual ship dates may vary depending on the breeds and quantities selected.