The primary purpose of the Polish Chicken today is for show and backyard oddity. Some refer to them as top hats or top knobs. Polish chickens are not known for going broody but will lay a good amount of white small to medium sized eggs throughout the year. This chicken is notable for the crest of feathers around its head, as well as its large nostrils. The crest of the male is a bit more erratic and umbrella shaped, while the hens’ crests are fluffy and full feathered. They make excellent pets but sometimes can have issues with drinking water in the winter time. Their top knob feathers get water logged as they drink and my need trimmed back. Order yours online today!
The Chick Hatchery offers the BEARDED variety in Golden Laced Polish, White Polish, Silver Laced Polish and Buff Laced Polish.
The NON-BEARDED variety we offer the White Crested Black Polish, Blue Polish and the Splash Polish.
- Poultry Show Class: Continental Class
- Weights – Hen—–4 1/2# Rooster——6#
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: White
- Egg Production: Good
- Egg Size: Small
- Temperament: Docile/Flighty
- Fertility Percentage: 40-55%
- Broody: Non Setters
- Mating Ratio: 7 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin – Netherlands
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the American Standard of Perfection in 1874.
- ALBC: Watch Status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed.
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
(Minimum 3 per Color)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is an additional small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.