White Jersey Giant Chickens, when created, was the result of merging the genetics of several large breeds. This breed grows slowly but eventually are a third larger than most other heavy breeds . This breed has an impressive hen that lays about 240 extra-large eggs annually. When younger, the birds will mature relatively quick, but tend to reach marketable meat weight slower than other breeds. Jersey Giants are noted for their easygoing temperaments. These birds are not aggressive at all, and are friendly with children and adults.
- Poultry Show Class: American Class
- Weights: Hen—-10 lbs Rooster——–13 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Primary production, Egg Laying & Pet/Secondary meat source
- Color of Egg Shell: Brown
- Egg Production: 220-260 eggs per year.
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 80-85%
- Fertility Percentage: 65-80%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: United States, New Jersey
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Watch Status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed.
Available February – August
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Minimum 15 Total Chicks)
(Minimum 3 Each Sex)
FREE Shipping on 15+ Total Poultry
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW
There is an additional small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.