Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Chickens are beautiful chickens that have a blue laced red color pattern which is buff/red in color with a blue that looks just like grey around the edge of every feather. This chicken makes an excellent pet and is good for eggs and/or meat. They will on occasion go broody and they make excellent mothers. They work well in confinement or free range and are a great back yard chicken. We only offers at this time our production type/line not a show type. The Blue Laced Red Wyandotte is not currently recognized by the Standard of Perfection; however, several are working on getting this color recognized.
NOTE: “Blue Laced Red Wyandottes do not breed a true blue color . The blue lacing color will be very light on some, a very good blue lacing on others and some will have a very dark blue/black lacing on others. Just like other blue colored breeds they do not breed true to the same shade of blue.”
- Poultry Show Class: American
- Weights: Hen ——-6 1/2 lbs Rooster—-8 1/2 lb
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying & Pet/Meat source
- Color of Egg Shell: Brown
- Egg Production: 180-260 eggs per year.
- Egg Size: Medium
- Temperament: Docile
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setter
- Mating Ratio: 9 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: 2 to 4 feet
- Country of Origin: United States
- APA: No
- ALBC: N/A
Available February – October
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch!
(Maximum Order Amount 15 Chicks)
(Minimum 3 per Sex)
Quantity Discount will appear in your cart!