Rouen Ducks are the basic coloration of the Mallards only larger and do not fly more than 100 feet. They are a French breed that is used both for eggs and meat and admitted into the American Standard of Perfection in 1874. A great water fowl for the ranch pond, they make good backyard ducks and are good for insect control. The Rouen duck is calm, sociable and very entertaining as pets. The Rouen duck is a slower grower than the Pekin. They also make good show ducks.
- Weights: Hen—– 9 lbs Drake—-10 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying and Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Eggs: Blue Green to near White
- Egg Production:Excellent * 140 -210 eggs per year
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperament: Docile
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Fertility Percentage: 60-75%
- Broody: Setters
- Mating Ratio: 6 Females to 1 Male
- Roost Height: Floor
- County of Origin: France
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Watch status, Considered a Sustainable Heritage Duck Breed
Available February – June
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on day of hatch.
FREE Shipping on 15+ Total Poultry
There is an additional small order fee ($35.00) charged for orders of only 3-14 poultry.
PLEASE REVIEW MINIMUM ORDER RULES & QUANTITIES BELOW